Welcome to the Remote Sensing Group
Remote sensing is the science of gathering information about distant objects with sensors mounted on spaceborne or airborne platforms. Our research group deals mainly with the use of earth observation satellites for the retrieval of geophysical parameters over land. We specialized in the use of active (scatterometers, SARs) and passive (radiometers) microwave sensors for global monitoring of soil moisture, surface water, and other dynamic hydrologic parameters, but we also have experience in the use of optical and thermal remote sensing systems for mapping of land cover, snow, forest biomass, and many other land surface parameters. We also cooperate with scientists from hydrology, meteorology, climatology and many other geoscientific disciplines to develop novel applications of our earth observation data.
hidden, but needed
- Master defense Glaner, Achs & Pointner
- Master defense Gallistl
- 4th Satellite Soil Moisture Validation and Application Workshop & CCI Soil Moisture User Workshop
- CORP 2017 an der TU Wien
- Seminar der Geowissenschaften Sommersemester 2017
- Special issue of Remote Sensing: Retrieval, Validation and Application of Satellite Soil Moisture Data
- M. Milenkovic, W. Wagner, R. Quast, M. Hollaus, C. Ressl, N. Pfeifer:
Total canopy transmittance estimated from small-footprint, full-waveform airborne LiDAR
ISPRS Journal of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing, 128 (2017), 61 - 72. [ More information ]
- J. Knauer, S. Zaehle, M. Reichstein, B. Medlyn, M. Forkel, S. Hagemann, C. Werner:
The response of ecosystem water-use efficiency to rising atmospheric CO2 concentrations: sensitivity and large-scale biogeochemical implications
New Phytologist, 213 (2017), 4; 1654 - 1666.
- A. Colliander, T. Jackson, R. Bindlish, S. Chan, N. Das, S. Kim, M. Cosh, R. Dunbar, L. Dang, L. Pashaian, J. Asanuma, K. Aida, A. Berg, T. Rowlandson, D. Bosch, T. Caldwell, K. Caylor, D. Goodrich, H. al Jassar, E. Lopez-Baeza, J. Martínez-Fernández, Á. González-Zamora, S. Livingston, H. McNairn, A. Pacheco, M. Moghaddam, C. Montzka, C. Notarnicola, G. Niedrist, T. Pellarin, J. Prueger, J. Pulliainen, K. Rautiainen, J. Ramos, M. Seyfried, P. Starks, Z. Su, Y. Zeng, R. van der Velde, M. Thibeault, W. Dorigo, M. Vreugdenhil, J. Walker, X. Wu, A. Monerris-Belda, P. O´Neill, D. Entekhabi, E. Njoku, S. Yueh:
Validation of SMAP surface soil moisture products with core validation sites
Remote Sensing of Environment, 191 (2017), 215 - 231.