Feasibilty Study for the Earth Observation Data Center for Water Resources Monitoring (EODC Water Study)
2012-12-12 – 2014-11-30
The initiative Earth Observation Data Centre for Water Resource Monitoring (EODC-Water) has been launched for positioning Austrian expertise and capabilities in a focal area of current international engagement: A main EO satellite data service hub shall be established with Austrian footing to serve the water resources monitoring needs, and the related hydrological parameters, snow, glacier and land mapping requirements on a su-pranational and global scale.
- Provide unique and enhanced continental to global EO products for improved monitoring of water-related land surface parameters;
- Establish and operate ESA-coordinated Collaborative Ground Segment compo-nents for the Sentinel satellites for large-volume storage, Level 1 pre – processing as well as high-throughput product generation, dissemination and access;
- Establish the fully automatic data service logistics and seamless information & communication infrastructure system for the above;
- Represent an operational capacity contributed by Austria to the international work share in environmental monitoring based on space observations.
- Markus Enenkel - Sub project manager
- Technische Universität Graz
- Joanneum Research Forschungsgesellschaft m. b. H.
- GeoVille Informationssysteme und Datenverarbeitung GmbH
- EOX IT Services GmbH, Wien