DEVELOPMENT of a GLOBAL SENTINEL-1 LAND SURFACE BACKSCATTER MODEL (S1 GBM)
2018-02-01 – 2019-01-31
Theobjective of this proposal is to generate a global backscatter model (land andpolar regions) based on Sentinel-1 A &B backscatter measurements at 10 msampling. For its implementation, the following main activities will beexecuted:
- S-1 A&B IWGRDH data collection and processing (both VV and VH polarisations) over landmasses, excluding the sea ice regions towards extraction of non-normalisedbackscatter parameters.
- S-1 A&BEW GRDH data collection and processing (both HH and HV polarisations) over thesea ice regions towards extraction of non-normalised backscatter parameters.
- Incidenceangle normalisation of processed S-1A/B IW and EW data.
- Calculation of S-1 A&B IW GRDH normalized backscatter parameters.
- Calculation of S-1 A&B EW GRDH normalized backscatter parameters.
- European Space Agency ESA-ESTEC