SAR Data Processing Specialist
The Remote Sensing research group of the Department of Geodesy and Geoinformation, TU Wien is currently looking to recruit a motivated
SAR Data Processing Specialist (m/f)
You enjoy working in a scientific environment at the leading edge of research in remote sensing? You want to work with researchers towards excellent solutions to the technical problems that scientific work poses? If the answer to these questions is yes, then this job is for you!
Our group comprises about 30 staff members currently working on approximately 20 projects supported by various national, European and international programs, grants and funding sources.
To support the research work of our team, we are looking for a skilled SAR data processing specialist with a background or interest in geospatial sciences.
- Processing and analysis of Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) data
- Developing scientific algorithms in the fields of radar remote sensing, image processing, Big Data analysis
- Contribution in software development using object-oriented programing language
- Prototyping, implementing, and testing of processing chains and generation of value-added products
- Writing technical documents, project reports and scientific journal papers
- Master (or equivalent) degree OR PhD degree in geodesy, geoinformation sciences, informatics, physical geography, mathematics, or similar
- Excellent programming skills (Python and/or IDL, Matlab, Fortran, C++, …)
- Experience in SAR signal processing and derivation of geophysical parameters from SAR (e.g. soil moisture, water bodies, vegetation, snow and ice, …)
- Strong analytical and technical skills and problem solving capability
- Solid knowledge of statistical methods for temporal and spatial analysis of scientific data
- Good written and spoken communication skills in English
- The opportunity to work in an innovative, dynamic and successful team
- The salary for this full time (40 hrs/week) position is based on the Austrian regulations for university staff. The monthly minimum is € 2.794,60 for a Pre-Doc respectively € 3.711,70 for a Post-Doc position. The monthly salary is paid 14 times per year. The position will be time-limited; the duration is subject of negotiation.
- Possibility to enroll in the PhD program of TU Wien
- Flexible working hours
- Workplace close to city center, metro and main train station
- A stimulating and friendly working environment at the department
If this job opportunity fits your career development plans, we are looking forward to receiving your application in English (cover letter, CV, relevant publications and references) and in one single PDF file via e-mail to rs-sek (at) geo.tuwien.ac.at
Candidate selection will start on October 8th, 2018 and will continue until a suitable candidate is found. TU Wien will not refund any cost occurred in the course of an application.
Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Wagner
Department of Geodesy and Geoinformation
Research Group Remote Sensing
Gußhausstraße 27-29, E 120.1
1040 Vienna, Austria
Category: Remote Sensing, Open Positions, CLIMERS