Photogrammetry / Remote Sensing expert position
The Photogrammetry research group of the Department of Geodesy and Geoinformation, TU Wien is currently looking to recurit a motivated
Photogrammetry / Remote Sensing expert (f/m)
You enjoy working in a scientific environment at the leading edge of research in photogrammetry? You want to work with researchers towards excellent solutions to the technical problems that scientific work poses? If the answer to these questions is yes, then this job is for you!
Our group comprises about 20 staff members currently working on approximately 15 projects supported by various national and European programs, grants and funding sources.
To strengthen the research work of our team, we are looking for a skilled geo-data processing specialist with a background or interest in geospatial sciences.
- Processing and analysis of images and Lidar point clouds for 3D reconstruction
- Developing scientific algorithms in the fields of photogrammetry and for applications in the environmental sciences
- Contribution in software development using Python or C++
- Writing technical documents, project reports and scientific journal papers
- Master (or equivalent) degree in geodesy, geoinformation sciences, informatics, physical geography, mathematics, or similar
- Excellent programming skills (Python, Matlab, C/C++, …)
- Experience in point cloud processing and derivation of 3D models
- Strong analytical and technical skills and problem solving capability
- Solid knowledge of statistical methods for temporal and spatial analysis of scientific data
- Good written and spoken communication skills in English
- The opportunity to work in an innovative, dynamic and successful team
- The salary for this full time (40 hrs/week) position is based on the Austrian regulations for university staff. The monthly minimum is € 2.794,60 for a Pre-Doc. The monthly salary is paid 14 times per year. The position will be time-limited; the duration is subject of negotiation.
- Possibility to enroll in the PhD program of TU Wien
- Flexible working hours
- Workplace close to city center, metro and main train station
- A stimulating and friendly working environment at the department
If this job opportunity fits your career development plans, we are looking forward to receiving your application in English (cover letter, CV, relevant publications and references) and in one single PDF file via e-mail to
Candidate selection will start on November 19th, 2018 and will continue until a suitable candidate is found. TU Wien will not refund any cost occurred in the course of an application.
Prof. Dr. Norbert Pfeifer
Department of Geodesy and Geoinformation
Research Group Photogrammetry
Gußhausstraße 27-29, E 120.7
- Job_offer_as_a_PDF.pdf378 K
Category: Remote Sensing, Photogrammetry, Open Positions